[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4367: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
Problems with the Installation

Find all the help you need on the script Arfooo Directory.
Please refer any bugs found.

Moderator: effi

Postby gastroll » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:49 am

Hi guys,
I ve got 2 questions and

2 big (or hopefully for you just little) PROBLEMS in my arfooo installation:

Question1:
"Enable URL rewrite ON / OFF ? "
What should I prefer or what is the best to do?

Question2:
Can I choose the user name or do I have to use the one that gave me my host?

Problem1)
Tried to change it in the .htaccess file but there is still a "No" for
"mod_rewrite is Present"
Is that bad or very bad?

Problem2)
In step 4 of installation there is ab buck:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysqld.sock' (2) in /homepages/32/d316848323/htdocs/gastrollogy.de/gastronomie-verzeichnis/install/dbfunctions.php on line 29
could not connect to mysql

Can someone tell me what to do?
gastroll

Re: Problems with the Installation

Postby effi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:56 pm

hello
if your server support mod rewrite it is better, because url will be "pretty" : best for SEO
the script can be used by server which dont accept rewrite

username for database is important part of the connection word it MUST be the one your host gives to you

it seems that you change it so it cannot connect to the database
et
effi

@effi

Postby gastroll » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:29 am

hi effi,

normaly it should not be a thing to aktivat mod_rewrite on my host (1und1.de)
but don´t matter what I try it still says
"mod_rewrite is Present: No"

Here is my htaccess code:

RewriteEngine on
Options FollowSymLinks

I WANT "pretty URL"
gastroll

1und1 host problem solved

Postby gastroll » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:08 am

finaly with the code out of an other post I finished the installation:
the .htacess-code I am now using is:

#Put the line here to enable PHP5