[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4367: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
Modifying header.tpl and footer.tpl

Propose here your templates, your plugins or ask one.
All tutorials available for Arfooo Directory are available in this category.

Moderator: effi

Postby parvez » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:03 am

I tried to make the header and footer .tpl to look exactly like my existing site and indeed managed to do so, but with a major problem, as described below.

It was very easy to alter the header and footer .tpl with a few additional divs and additional css to make it look exactly the same as my site, but unfortunately there are some problems with IE.

My existing site requires some conditional css progressive enhancements starting with something like <!--[if IE]> and ending with [endif]--> in the head section of the .html. So I tried to add them to the head section of the header.tpl, but got an error.

Can someone tell me how to correctly do this?

Also notable is that one of the javascripts in my existing site does not work when I use it in the header.tpl

I would appreciate some help, because I think I am nearly complete, but please note that I am not an expert and cannot understand most of the simplified answers in the forum . So please try to offer a step by step guide as much as possible.
parvez

Re: Modifying header.tpl and footer.tpl

Postby parvez » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:24 pm

mikkyedward82,

Many thanks for your suggestion. It sounds promising, but unfortunately I don't know how to call such a function or how to add conditions for IE. Can you give some more information?
parvez

Re: Modifying header.tpl and footer.tpl

Postby effi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:16 pm

hi
the post you spoke was a spam.

try to put {literal} before your conditions {/literal}
et
effi

Return to Templates, plugins and tutorials