[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4367: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
Ads manager

Ads manager

Offer your ideas here for improving the script.

Moderator: effi

Ads manager

Postby saidbakr » Wed May 13, 2009 11:10 am

Hello,

Ads in adsense of administration allows only to add a single ad to a defined place. I suggest to enrich Arfooo by ads manager that allows administrator able to create ads account for advertisers on clicks or time bases which allows a defined group of ads to be displayed in a defined or a group of places
Best Regards,

, just another customized Arfooo directory.
saidbakr

Re: Ads manager

Postby ben2paris » Wed May 13, 2009 11:34 am

There are very good open source ads managers and I used OpenX (http://www.openx.org/) successfully in the past.

I would suggest not to add this to Arfooo which would make it very big.
ben2paris

Postby saidbakr » Wed May 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Hello,
Worries about getting the application bigger is not comparable against the value of the feature. The application you regarded for add manager, I think, it will interact with arfooo by mean of Javascript, by inserting some javascript code into AdSense criteria. The Javascript well have some unwanted effects for SEO for the ads, because some advertiser needs links to their websites realized by search engines.
Also the presence of ads managers integrated with Arfooo will increase the benefits for webmasters sites and making managing their ads according their plans.
Best Regards,

saidbakr

Postby chadon » Wed May 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Openx probably has an option to display the ads with the help of an include in php but with the cache's system from Arfooo, the php file won't be opened on each page load so it will be useless. And because of this cache, I don't think it will be easy to implement an ad system like you want and I agree with Ben2paris making arfooo too complicated might scare new users when they try the script for the first time.
Javascript is still good to receive traffic from your directory and for a SEO option, they still have the choice to use a paying submission and it will be much more SEO friendly than having a link that will only be available for a certain amount of time.
chadon

Postby ping » Thu May 14, 2009 12:09 am

LOL i didn't event remember about the MVC and cache stuff, so dynamic php includes are fully discarded? If i use a JS banner system (not the arfooo one) would it work? i'm just curious
ping

Postby saidbakr » Thu May 14, 2009 3:54 am

By the way, Google Analytics code I inserted it through the directory pages using php include through {php} tag in the template file.
Best Regards,

saidbakr

Postby chadon » Thu May 14, 2009 8:46 am

Hi,
php include will work to display static informations or randoms informations for each page loaded but once the page is loaded, the information will be stored in the cache and become static.
Javascript in the other hand is showing data from a different file with html so the same code will be in the cache but it will still call the file and display it's information. You can have javascript in static html pages and still have random informations displayed.
The Google Analytics code you inserted in the included php file is a static javascript one so it will work just fine :)
chadon

Postby chadon » Thu May 14, 2009 11:05 am

Saidbakr, I have good news :D

It's possible to have an include in php with no conflict with the cache. Some template files are cached, others are not. I made a test a while ago with an include in the stats bloc and it didn't work but I tried again today and when the code is placed in the menu/menuleft.tpl the included php files are loaded every time.
I am not sure which ones are cached or not but the left and right columns, header and footer are probably not. This means you will be able to use the OpenX software with php include codes with no problem. ;)
chadon

Postby saidbakr » Thu May 14, 2009 2:40 pm

It's fine and really good news. However, I still insists on built in ads manager to Arfooo will be a notable feature supports its profesionality to be a directory 8-)
Best Regards,

saidbakr

Postby seopositive » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:58 am

hi

www.openx.org this the good ads manager.
seopositive

Postby jacksoncarrey » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:47 pm

I made a test a while ago with an include in the stats bloc and it didn't work but I tried again today and when the code is placed in the menu/menuleft.tpl the included php files are loaded every time.It's possible to have an include in php with no conflict with the cache. Some template files are cached, others are not.
| |
jacksoncarrey

Return to Suggestion Box