[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4367: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
Translation: escape characters and admin panel translation

Propose here your templates, your plugins or ask one.
All tutorials available for Arfooo Directory are available in this category.

Moderator: effi

Postby mylittleseo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi, this is a very nice script, and i'm interested in it (I mean translate it, develop plugin for it and so on).
Now i'm translating it in italian, but I have a little problem: even if I use html entities (e.g. è for "è") the page show an unknow character. There is some post-elaboration on the language array elements that i must know to correctly translate this script?

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my english. :D

Edit: I think this is not the correct section of the forum, sorry.

I'have noticed another strange thing (strange regard of what I think the script should do ;) )
I've translated the front end and set the language option in admin panel to italian. No problem except for the one I've mentioned above. Than I've copied the english translation for the admin panel, renemed it as "it.php", changed the "$languageName" variable to "Italiano" as the other translation file e put it under admin->languages directory, I thought that it should look like the english version, instead seems like the script can't find the language file. The array language keys are shown instead of the values. I've tried cleaning the "cache" directory and making some debug modifying the "translate.php" file, but nothing appened..maybe the translation code is a little bit more complex than I expected.
mylittleseo

Re: Translation: escape characters and admin panel translation

Postby effi » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:09 pm

hello
did you save the language file in UTF8 character ? with that no need to use html entities characters.

fo the second problem is there an it.php both in admin/languages and /languages/ folder ?
et
effi

Postby mylittleseo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi, I've saved the file as UTF-8 (it was in ANSI character) but nothing seems to be changed.

For the second problem, yes there are two it.php in both directories.
mylittleseo

Postby Arf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:17 am

Arf
Site Admin

Postby shazlovely » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:35 am

csaba,
when pressing f3 to view a CPP file (for example), don't u see syntax highlighting ? we already use the kde part.
i don't follow.

Postby Ricsca » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:05 am

Credo di avere lo stesso errore.
In pratica ho messo i tre file it.php dentro le 3 cartelle ma ora anche se continuo a tradurre i file in italiano, il sito mi rimane fermo alla traduzione vecchia (di quando ho caricato per la prima volta i 3 file it.php).

Come posso fare?
Ricsca

Re: Translation: escape characters and admin panel translati

Postby eoinbronks » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:27 am

translated the front end and set the language option in admin panel to italian. No problem except for the one I've mentioned above. Than I've copied the english translation for the admin panel
eoinbronks

Re: Translation: escape characters and admin panel translati

Postby effi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:00 pm

hello,
did you delete the files in cache and compiled flders by ftp
or clear cache in the admin panel ?
et
effi

Return to Templates, plugins and tutorials