[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4367: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
Languages

Languages

Propose here your templates, your plugins or ask one.
All tutorials available for Arfooo Directory are available in this category.

Moderator: effi

Languages

Postby Netscype » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi,

I am translating to the duth - nl (nederlands) language.
testing Dutch - Nederlands at:
http://dir.netscype.nl

Netscype Gino
Last edited by Netscype on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Netscype

Re: Languages

Postby Arf » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:11 am

Hi Gino:)

If you translate into a language so I add in the next version of Arfooo if you want.
I put a link on the credit page if you wish.

Sincerly.
Arf
Site Admin

Postby undertaker » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:35 am

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this great script.
Second, i already installed it on my page and translated the script in spanish (front and admin).
I want to share it with all the users so you could include the spanish language in your next version.
But how can I send it tou you?
Another thing: the script is made in UTF-8 charset, but latinamerican charset is ISO. How I could change the script charset to ISO?

Best regards,

Evgeny Zhukov
http://www.larmancialtda.com
undertaker

Postby Arf » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:48 am

Hi and welcome,
Whit pleasure for this great script ;)

I'm french and I have chosen utf8 precisely to the script internationalized.
utf8 encoding is the most universal.
For the french we use iso8859-1 and you have to know that we also full of strange characters accentuated :D
And yet with utf8 I have no problem.
You have problems encoding, strange characters appear?

If you have translated the entire script, I can only thank you.
I put a link in the credit of my site and I would make some news to you mentioning.
You want me link a particular site?

To send me the files, you can put the file .zip for example in your server ? or a service like megaupload?

regards,
Guillaume H.
Arf
Site Admin

Postby undertaker » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Hello Guillaume,

I posted the zipped spanish language pack on my server: . You should review the image/ directory, since i used the new.gif to make a spanish graphic.
In the next update of Arfooo, I suggest you use a /image subfolder on the language/ directory, for a specific language images (like the new.gif archive). It will be easier that way for future translations and translators.

The spanish pack it's not definitive and may need some polish, but if I find a bug on the translation, I'll update ASAP and send you a message.

I would like you mentioning me in the script. My web site is - "Rincón de los Escritores - Comunidad Literaria". The Arfooo Directory adress on my site is:

About the charset, you're right. It should'nt present any problems. It was my mistake since I run my site in ISO8859-1 only, and when I was transalating the script I used that charset. But I fixed the options to UTF-8 and it worked just fine.

Best regards,

Evgeny Zhukov
undertaker

Postby Arf » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Hello Evgeny Zhukov,
Thank you for your translation.
If you need to update languages files, tell me, it's not a problem.
You want a link in the footer with the script mentioned translated by:?

It must add code to add this feature to display these words only for the Spanish language.
I would add your translation for the next version to be able to add this code.

I know too the world of webmasters in spain but it seems to me that this is still not very developed compared to france?

Best regards,
Guillaume H.
Arf
Site Admin

Postby undertaker » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:03 pm

Hello Guillaume,

Sure, for the spanish version, a link in the footer will be just fine. Thanks a lot :lol: .

About the world of webmasters in Spain, I don't know. I'm doing my work from Colombia, (latin america), and, by the way, I'm russian.

Here in Colombia, there are a very little ammount of webmaster developing. It's just starting, so my guess is that in about 5 to 10 years it will be ok.

By the way, I could give it a try and translate the script in Russian (but it will take a while, because i don't have a russian keypad, and I'll have to consult the correct translations, since i never used technical russian language :oops: ).

I'll tell you if and when I'll finish it. :geek:

Best regards,

Evgeny Zhukov
undertaker

Postby hcportos » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:49 am

Hi everybody

I have big problem vith encoding. My database is on UTF-8. I translated script to czech language. We have many special characters. So, everything what cames from database looks fine, but translated words (which are in languages/cz.php) are without theese special characters (eg. ěščřžýáíé). I dont know how is this possible. Any advice?

(ps: sorry for my english :oops: )
hcportos

Postby Arf » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:34 am

Hi and welcome,

You have a problem with the characters when you save a website in the database for example?

Or when you translate the script into the files in languages
languages/en.php for example?

Do you have an exemple ?

Arf.
Arf
Site Admin

Postby hcportos » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 am

Ok, screen of my site:

Text from database is OK, text from languages/cz.php is without special characters.
hcportos

Postby undertaker » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Try and clear cache. I had the same problem with spanish special characters, until I cleared de cahe. The option is on the bottom of the first tab on the backend.

Evgeny Zhukov
undertaker

Postby hcportos » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Not worked for me :-(
hcportos

Postby undertaker » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Ok, maybe one other thing. When you created the cz.php, did you check the codification of the characters in the php? I'm asking this because I use Dreamweaver and when you open a file, it changes the charset to iso, without asking me. So the file have several charcters in UTF anto others in ISO. Maybe you may have the same problem too.

You should check the charset of the cz.php and convert it to UTF-8. Then upload the file into your languages directory and then clear the cache again.

Evgeny Zhukov
undertaker

Postby Arf » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Ok,
I see and its easy ;)
Like say undertaker if you create new file, and if your text editor have setting to created file with iso8859-1 encoding for example, you have this error.

So, don't create new file but copy/paste en.php for example and edit this file.

And if possible changes setting in your text editor for utf8 encoding.
Arf
Site Admin

Postby hcportos » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:25 am

Thank you, it works.
I changed the file cz.php to UTF-8, clear the cache and delete all files in compiled directory, now its OK.
hcportos

Next

Return to Templates, plugins and tutorials