[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4367: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
Multi Langauge

Multi Langauge

Find all the help you need on the script Arfooo Directory.
Please refer any bugs found.

Moderator: effi

Multi Langauge

Postby Matt » Thu May 21, 2009 7:54 am

Hi guys, me again :D

I was just wondering if it's possible to have multi language support on a single installation of Arfooo? I assumed it was possible as there are language files however the only way of changing the language is within the admin panel, and that changes it for all users.

What I would like to do is to allow the users to change languages for them. So if you're English you come in and see the directory in English using the en.php language file, yet if you're French you'd click on the French flag and you'd get the site in French, using fr.php.

Like Arf has done here, but without going to another domain.

Just wondering if it's possible or not!

Thanks again ;)
Last edited by Matt on Thu May 21, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

Re: Multi Langauge

Postby chadon » Thu May 21, 2009 8:25 am

Hi Matt,
This is what I wanted to do with my Canadian directory but at the moment it's not possible to switch from one language to another one.
There might be another solution that I haven't tried yet. Make a copy of the directory in a different folder, connect it to the same database and switch the names or the content of the en.php and fr.php files.
chadon

Postby saidbakr » Thu May 21, 2009 8:59 am

I'd like to add something, It will be nice If the adminstrator able to set some categories to use specific language. Something like used DMOZ.org.
Best Regards,

, just another customized Arfooo directory.
saidbakr

Postby Matt » Thu May 21, 2009 11:05 am

Matt

Postby Matt » Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 pm

I've tried creating another instance of the directory (http://fr.simsdirectory.com/directory/) and it seems to work ok, apart from the forms. Which obviously means I can't log into the admin pages or user pages to make changes.

Any idea why it may be doing this? :?
Matt

Postby chadon » Thu May 21, 2009 12:45 pm

I have the same problem when I try to login to the directory when I enter the www or not in the URL. I haven't tried it but you can clear your browser's cache and cookies before you login.
chadon

Postby Matt » Fri May 22, 2009 7:17 am

Well your idea works Chadon, in another directory using the same database the language changes by putting different content in the 'en.php' file. However it's just the registration and login forms that do not work. I suppose you could redirect them to the default login pages, at least the viewers would get their multi language options?! Just the webmasters who would suffer.

Would be interesting if this could be fixed though! I'll keep looking into it but my technical knowledge isn't great :(
Matt

Postby chadon » Fri May 22, 2009 9:02 am

It looks like this problem is more like a bug.
I tried to register an account in my directory without including the www in the url and I have the same problem as you. Nothing happens and chances are big that many visitors don't always enter the www when they enter my directory.

It's probably a security feature to prevent people from registering outside of the site and I looked into the javascript files if I could find something but I didn't.

There is probably a solution if you duplicate the URL field in the database and call the new one from your second directory but I will submit a bug report in the French board and hopefully someone will give me an easier way to fix for your problem.
chadon

Postby Matt » Fri May 22, 2009 10:42 am

Thanks Chadon, I'd appreciate that :D
Matt

Re: Multi Language

Postby effi » Fri May 22, 2009 5:46 pm

Hello Matt and Chadon
I am VERY interrested in your project of multilanguage, I wanted to do it for my project, and was very sad to wait the version 2

I understand you have chosen the english directory to be the "master".
So the french webmaster MUST register in the english directory in english
i suggested to chadon that you can impose that by a htaccess redirect order for the webmaster_login file.

what about the descriptions ? do you imagine to add a field in the data base ?

(excuse the english i am french)
et
effi

Postby chadon » Fri May 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Hello Effi, welcome to the English board :D
Your english is very good, I understood you perfectly. ;)
Matt, Effi is right, the description is saved in the database and so are the ads and the email templates, this might be complicated to resolve.
And for search engines, you will have duplicate content with only minor differences. This can be bad if you plan to get traffic from them.
I think that Saidbakr's idea would be the best option to have a multi language directory.
Is there any coder around here? :lol:
chadon

Re: Multi Language

Postby effi » Tue May 26, 2009 3:33 pm

et
effi

Postby disolmodo78 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:19 pm

There could be another solution that I have not tried it yet. Make a copy of the guide in another folder, connect to the same database and change the names or file contents and en.php en.php.
|
disolmodo78

Postby smartsiam » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:06 pm

smartsiam

Return to Installation, support and bug reports