[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4367: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
Problems with language and Thumbs

Find all the help you need on the script Arfooo Directory.
Please refer any bugs found.

Moderator: effi

Postby Bingo2009 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:19 am

Hello everyone,
I have a few questions, which I hope someone can help me with.

In Settings / Language choice in the Admin panel
I have a blank line instead of the name of my language file.
I have copied the english language file (en.php) and renamed the file to dk.php

In the file I have changed the original lines to following:
$languageName = 'Danish';
$language = array();
$language['en'] = 'dk';

Can anyone explain me what I should do, so I can get The word 'Danish' instead of the 'blank line' ?

In Admin panel, I have tried the function:
System/CRON TASKS/Thumbs
I`m click on the Start button and the program is working.
The program also send me an e-mail,
but I can`t see the thumbs anywhere in the program.

I have also looked at my server,
in the folder, uploads\images_thumbs
but there is no files in that folder...

Why not ?

Regards
Bruno Holm
Bingo2009

Re: Problems with language and Thumbs

Postby effi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:16 am

Hello
for the first question, did you empty cache and compiled directories ? most of problems came off if so. :D
For the second did you make the uploads directory to be writtable ?
et
effi

Postby Bingo2009 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi effi,
and thanks for your replies.
I have emtied the cache,
but I don't know what you mean with "compiled directoris". Where can I do this ?

The uploads directory is writeable.

I use:
Windows 2003 standard server edition
Wamp Server 2.0h - with:
Apache 2.2.11
PHP 5.2.9-2
Mysql 5.1.33

Regards
Bruno
My Server configuration:
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
Wamp Server 2.0h
Apache 2.2.11
PHP 5.2.9-2
Mysql 5.1.33
Arfooo 1.0.9
Bingo2009

Re: Problems with language and Thumbs lot of questions

Postby effi » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:40 pm

hello bingo
How many files have you in the "languages directory" : english and danish (or french too) ?
have you the arfoo 1.0.9 template or an older one

which thumb producer did you choose ?
have you the curl library enabled

I have too a problem with thumbs on a distant server, not local pc and the english langage, and i remember another guy had problems too so he choosed miwim
does it work when you are in the admin control panel ?

I don't know the english word for directory (files are in a directory) (we call that too in french (computer language) so I thought it was universally understood : bah horrible arrogant frenchie )
I use to delete the files by ftp in both directories, but chadon said it was the same if you do it by the admin panel.

I tried the cron task for another project in french it worked, but it completely forgot the "ascreen" thumbs and replace them by screenshots thumbs, so be careful.
et
effi

Re: Problems with language and Thumbs lot of questions

Postby Bingo2009 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:00 am

Hi effi,
I have now deleted the french language files, in all of the language directoires.
It was a little bit tricky, because I started to copy the English language files and translate the 3 files,
but when I was finished with my translation and before I could delete the 3 french language files, I must copy the commands at the start and at the ends of the files to my new danish files, beacuse these commands are different in the english and the french language files.... :oops:

At the moment I`m not finish with my thumbs, so I don`t know which producer I will use.
Can you recommend a good producer ?
Yes I have enabled curl in PHP extensions.

At the moment it seems to works on my local server.
I`m a little bit confused, because I don`t know how it should works in the Admin panel.
I can`t find any explanation on how it works, can you explain me this ?

I don`t know how it will works when I`m finish the setup and copied the script to my Web server ?

I will let you know when I`m finish, so you can see it, in function !

I have just purchased a new domain name (linksportal.dk) This may well be a reasonably good name.
My Server configuration:
Wamp Server 2.0h
Apache 2.2.11
PHP 5.2.9-2
Mysql 5.1.33
Arfooo 1.0.9
Bingo2009

Postby effi » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:29 pm

et
effi

Postby Bingo2009 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi effi,
I have already translated the messages paragraph, and it seems to work.
I have also saved in UTF8, but I have not thinked about \....
I have tried to send the e-mails to myself, and it works fine.
I can`t find any problems.

I have written the url address in the Image Service Generation address field:
http://open.thumbshots.org/image.pxf?url=
and now it seems to work,
look at: http://www.linksportal.dk
but I have never submitted myself on thumbshots.org
so I can`t understand, why it works...
I will look at the list:
http://forum.arfooo.com/post3819.html#p3819

I do not know whether there is an Image Generation Service in Denmark,
but I am already looking for such a script, so I can offer this service.
If you know where I can download a free script to create this service, you may like to give me this.

I found it confusing to have to edit a web site because it can be very difficult to find.
Do you know whether you can view the websites in alphabetical order when you want to edit in Admin panel ???
My Server configuration:
Wamp Server 2.0h
Apache 2.2.11
PHP 5.2.9-2
Mysql 5.1.33
Arfooo 1.0.9
Bingo2009

Postby effi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:26 am

hello,

you have a "waiting list" or new sites,
and a search page on the admin panel
I will sign to your directory hope i will be admitted ! :D
et
effi

Postby jonahandrew » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:06 am

I`m a little bit confused, because I don`t know how it should works in the Admin panel..I use to delete the files by ftp in both directories, but chadon said it was the same if you do it by the admin panel.
|||
jonahandrew

Return to Installation, support and bug reports