[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4367: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
Thumbnail generation not working

Find all the help you need on the script Arfooo Directory.
Please refer any bugs found.

Moderator: effi

Postby oldalgazda » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:51 am

I am sorry to post such a vague question but the case is that thumbs are not working on my site, and I have no clue why. I tried to search for this topic on this forum but to no avail.

Could you give me some pointers what should I check, which settings are necessary, and perhaps what are the most common sources of problems with thumbnail generation, so that I could sort out what causes the problem = thumbs are only pictures showing " image by default "

Thank you in advance,
József
oldalgazda

Re: Thumbnail generation not working

Postby effi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:12 am

hello,
many questions to check before answer...
which thumbnail generator do you use ? Is the code OK ?
is curl library pesent on your server ?
et
effi

Postby oldalgazda » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:10 am

Hi, thank you for your answer!

I have checked with PHPinfo that curl is present, otherwise my settings are the following, see: http://www.leader.co.hu/uploads/thumbs-admin.png

Perhaps the problem is rooted in the fact that I don't really understand how thumbs work? Should I have set anything else when I want to have the thumbs for the submitted sites automatically generated?

Anyway ascreen does not work when I go to Directory > Websites and categories and Edit website plus pressing "Delete Thumbs and display Ascreen"
oldalgazda

Postby effi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:38 am

et
effi

Postby oldalgazda » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Silly me.... I was almost sure that I missed something. I thought that ascreen stands for the default thumbnail generation function of arfooo :o

Finally I have chosen http://www.websnapr.com/ since they don't ask for an attribution link, and the function is now working, thank you!
oldalgazda

Postby craigprunty » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 am

Im using open thumb and seems to work great but you do however have to put a link in your foot to there website to prevent a 30 day bot scan.

Address thumbs Service generation (URL) - http://open.thumbshots.org/image.aspx?s ... ey&url=url

Footer Ref - <a href="http://www.thumbshots.com" target="_blank" title="Thumbnails Previews by Thumbshots">Thumbnails powered by Thumbshots</a>
Arfooo Web Hosting from £1.49 |

Technology Tips & Tricks |

Free Link Exchange Building Forum |
craigprunty

Return to Installation, support and bug reports