[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4367: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
*SOLVED* Categories are missing when trying to add a website

Find all the help you need on the script Arfooo Directory.
Please refer any bugs found.

Moderator: effi

Postby alexmiller00 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:38 am

So everything was working, i got the IPN to functioning properly, I have 244 categories, they are displaying correctly on the front page. but now when I try to add a website none of them show up in "Step 1/6 Select an categorie" the select box loads blank, i have tried to clear cache, i tried it in FF and Safari, no luck, i also cleared out all my Recent Browsing history including cookies and offline cache. Any suggestion on this? has anyone run into this issue before? it strange because it was working before there were 200+ categories... I really need some help on this one..and thanks in advance..
Last edited by alexmiller00 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexmiller00

Re: Categories are missing when trying to add a website

Postby ARS » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:59 pm

let's have a guess:

did you "Generate URL names" (first page of admin panel)?
did you delete the cache AND the compiled files on the server
did you have some database changes after setting up the categories
are the categories showing in the admin panel under "website and categories"?
is submission allowed in every category????
what are your settings in "Websites registration / submission"?
links in signatures don't help
ARS

Postby alexmiller00 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:38 pm

alexmiller00

Postby ARS » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:36 pm

as far as I know the script:

if you set "Directory website only" nobody can make an entry... :shock:

but maybe I am wrong
links in signatures don't help
ARS

Postby effi » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:31 am

hello ars

in website directory only, website urls are needed, otherwise, you may leave it blank

hello allexmiler
which version do you have ? in v200 there was this bug, in 201 it is fixed
et
effi

Postby eddyasdfghjkl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:22 am

same problem here , categories are missing . webmaster user cannot add/select the categories. I'm using 2.0.1 version
eddyasdfghjkl

Postby alexmiller00 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:55 pm

alexmiller00

Postby dnd » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:35 am

The missing categories problem is caused by ad blocking software (eg. AdBlock Plus).

One of the rules, namely "submit$script" disables execution of the script at /javascript/webmaster/submitWebsiteOnLoad.js

One obvious way to cope with the problem is disabling the ad blocking software but it only fixes it for you. I suggest renaming this script to webmasterWebsiteOnLoad.js which doesn't match any AdBlock rules. Also, you need to adjust the reference to this script in the /templates/arfooo/webmaster/submitWebsite.tpl template.
Last edited by dnd on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dnd

Postby alexmiller00 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:14 am

alexmiller00

*****SOLVED Categories are missing when trying to add a webs

Postby alexmiller00 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:33 am

Okay so I solved the issue, Using Firebug I run and console Profile option, it returned an error on line 130 of the jquery library being used, after I Re-uploaded the root/javascript/jquery/ directory to my server the categories now appear!! I also re-uploaded all the javascript folders in the templates/webmaster directory and reversed any naming changes which had been previously instructed, Thanks for everyones help in this matter and I hope that this will help everyone else out in the future that may encounter this issue!!
alexmiller00

Re: *SOLVED* Categories are missing when trying to add a web

Postby dnd » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:19 pm

(I edited my original post, I somehow figured you asked your question a month ago :) )

Anyway, I suggest leaving the script renamed as "submit" in the script name is sometimes used by malicious scripts; thus some of the ad- or virus-blocking software will disable the script from loading.
dnd

Return to Installation, support and bug reports