problems (baclinks,rss) not worked + can't edit css file

Find all the help you need on the script Arfooo Directory.
Please refer any bugs found.

Moderator: effi

problems (baclinks,rss) not worked + can't edit css file

Postby elking10 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:37 am

Hi there , i heard about arfooo directory by accident when is was searching about free directories ..

anyway i loved the directory ad it's advantages , but for sorry when try to test it i found many problems , not just functional problems ..

such as...

-i can't edit the css file and make it fixed to make the directory suitable with firefox browser.

-backlinks didn't work ;mean didn't account any baclinks for links in details page and i tried to edit GooglePageRanker.php file but the result is the same.

-rss for websites and links didn't grab the latest news or topics in the bottom of the detail page although the website rss link working right.

Is there solutions for these problems i faced?!

another thing , i notice that from "Mar2008" there is no update in the site or in the forum for arfoo directory !! , Is there a problem ?! , Is that mean that the support for arfooo directory stopped ?!!
elking10

Re: problems (baclinks,rss) not worked + can't edit css file

Postby Arf » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:43 am

Hi and welcome :)

Nothing is stoped but as I am French, I'm more arfooo.com the French version.
It is true that I have to update the English version but the support is still active, it is not a problem.

There is no problem to change the CSS.
It is located in templates/arfooo/css/style.css

Arfooo Directory is compatible with IE 6 and 7, Firefox 2 and 3, Opera, Safari ...

Sometimes we have to delete the contents of the cache and compiled folders except .htaccess file for all the changes work

-For the details page, I know the bug, it's corrected but it will be version 1.0.7

- For RSS, I am also aware of this bug and is also corrected in version 1.0.7

This new version due out this month.

Arf.
Arf
Site Admin

Postby elking10 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi Mr Arf , actually i didn't expect any reply in this topic unless after a month :lol: , so let me first thank you for you quick reply and good news .

About css file i meant that i can't make it in fixed width with all browsers and screens such as (800*600 pixel , 1024*768 ..etc) and i tried to edit the css file but all my attempts failed as i'm not expert at css , and i'm really happy that you keep in your mind about other bugs , hope you can keep in your mind to fixed width problem because the same css file problem appear in the design of admin panel .

And although i was in a hurry to install a directory in one of my websites , but I will wait the new version of the arfooo directory to test and use it , hope to not delay in the new version :)

thanks.
elking10

Postby Arf » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:58 pm

Arfooo work for 1024*768 pixel because 800*600 is now very little use.

But you have a problem ?
The page is distorted?

If yes, please, make a screenshot.
You use firefox 3 on mac or windows ?

Because Arfooo directory work on all bowser normally.

The version 1.0.7 due out later this month.

Arf.
Arf
Site Admin

Postby elking10 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:52 am

Thanks Mr Arf for your interest ..
yes the page appeared not fixed ,and i use firefox 3.0.3 on windows

This is a screenshot for admin panel :
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1453/arfsn6.jpg

As you see i can't see the right corner of the page(notice the bar in the bottom of the page) , the same thing with the main index for the directory , and as a note i use 800*600 pixel when i turn to 1024*768 pixel the page appear good , so is there a solution to appear the directory in a suitable fixed design with all kind of different pixel such as 1024*768 and 800*600 pixels ?!
elking10

Return to Installation, support and bug reports